Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pushed In a Corner

So this is a facebook note I wrote October 4th in 2007. I just read over it and I thought you may enjoy it. Let me know!

So this is some food for thought here. I'm up and it is like 3 in the morning right? I don't feel good for various reasons and i can't sleep cause I drank too much caffeine earlier at the movies. It's fall break and the campus is empty! I mean EMPTY! It's so strange being here for fall break with barely anyone around. But anyways...these last couple weeks I have really been feeling as if I am pushed into a corner and that everyone keeps walking by forgetting about me. Let me explain. No one seems to have time for me right? (by the way, this is not a note looking for pity or blaming people or saying whoa is me. Just keep reading and i think you may enjoy this) I really just want some friends and I keep talking to my friends but they are "busy"and they tell me oh i am so sorry i am busy right now but ill talk to you soon OK? I promise soon I will talk to you! I keep getting this over and over again. Even from my parents. They are both in new relationships and no one seems to have the time for me anymore, and if they do its like the let me squeeze you in cause i feel like i need to time. I feel like i have been shoved in a corner or a closet and am waving my arms and yelling HEY OVER HERE but no one sees me, or they do and say hold on ill be there shortly! Have you ever had that semi depressed feeling where you just want some one to care about you; someone who just wants to be around you cause they just enjoy being around you? No other real motivation? Have you ever just wanted some one to love you and care for you (i don't mean dating wise, i mean just friend wise) but the thing is you can't make some one care. You can't make some one love you; and slowly you watch relationships slip away and there is not much you can do but just wave your arms and say hey remember me over here? So i was down and thinking to myself, well this stinks and then I realized something! This is probably how God feels!!!! You grow close to Him but then you start to get busy and you say to Him i promise i will talk with you soon or ill spend time with you soon and you do kinda. You give him that squeeze in your schedule time and He wants you to love Him and care for Him like He does you but He isn't going to make you or else it wouldn't be real. He is waving His arms and yelling HEY I'M OVER HERE but you get to busy and slowly shove Him in the corner of the closet and your relationship with Him slowly fades away! The most important relationship in our lives is the one we have with Him so why are we shoving Him in the corner? I AM SO GUILTY of this! School has been so busy and Ive had so much to do and I find time to squeeze in my schedule but i am finding the relationship and fire I had for Him this summer is slowly heading back to a luke warm flame again. How dare i be upset that my friends don't have time for me and that I am all alone on an empty campus!! How dare I because God is giving me the opportunity to run to that corner and sit in His arms and share it with Him. He loves me more than any of you ever could and He is waving His arms at me and I've just been to busy. I'm glad i have this free time to spend with Him, my only question is, is He in the corner waving His arms at YOU??

1 comment:

  1. wow! i really needed this! i do this all the time and i look for comfort in my friends not god and it needs to be the opposit!

    ReplyDelete