Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Psalm 63

1 O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
6 On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.
9 They who seek my life will be destroyed; they will go down to the depths of the earth.
10 They will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals.
11 But the king will rejoice in God; all who swear by God's name will praise him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced.


Can you hear the cry of David's heart in this psalm? He hungers and longs for God with all that he has! He knows that through every trial and difficulty that God is there and that the best place to always be is in His presence. For some reason when I read this I think of ministry and how easy it is to get caught up in serving the Lord that we forget to spend time just sitting in the presence of the Lord. That, and how easy it is in ministry to get discouraged and lose that hunger and thirst for God.

God, I pray that in the ministry you have placed me to serve at, that everyone involved in it and serving in it would seek you with all they have. God i pray that our inner-most being would long for and thirst for you! I pray that we would see your power and glory in this ministry! I pray that You would move in such powerful ways that no one would be able to doubt you are here doing things! God, I pray that we would be able to see you do BIG things here! I pray that the students and even the leaders would realize that Your love truly is better than anything life has to offer us! I pray that we would fall in love with You and that we would praise You for all that You have done! As You move in the lives of this ministry God, and as You bring life change, may we come together and lift up your name in praise! May we worship You in spirit and in truth lifting up Your name with all that we have in us. When troubles and temptations come I pray that You would help us remember to turn to You. I pray that we all would cling to You knowing that our help comes from You and only You! When we feel discouraged and down I pray that we all would turn even more to You and thirst and hunger for Your presence! Please move in this ministry! Please stir up a fire and a passion in the heart's of the students and leaders that desires You with everything that is in them! In Your Son's name I pray these things. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment