Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Flying Away

Have you ever wanted to be a bird? I have. In fact, right now I really want to. I am listing to this song and its purely instrumental. It is simply a piano with the sound of rain and a crackling fire in the back ground. It makes me relaxed. It makes me long for the outdoors. Why is it that creation is so peaceful? And that the world we have made is so chaotic? My dad was driving me to the airport a few days ago. It was early in the morning. I was watching the sunrise through huge buildings we were passing as we drove by D. C. It was beautiful I must admit, but creations that man have made never seem to give me the peace and calmness that the creation our Creator has made. It is so beautiful. Have you ever sat outside in an old wooden gazebo in the middle of the woods? Let me paint you a picture as best as a legally blind color blind girl can.

Shut your eyes and imagine with me as I tell you what I see. I am sitting in a wooden gazebo I found while on a hiking trail. It sits on a mountain side in the woods and as I look out I see mountains and valleys filled with trees. It is as if there are waves of trees in front of me. it is spring time and the leaves are beautiful and freshly grown. Some trees have blossomed with beautiful white flowers. I stopped in the gazebo because it started to rain. The rain is creating a beautiful mist that covers the valleys with white puffy clouds. The mist dances as it rises in the air. Back, and forth. The only noise that can be heard is the sound of water trickling through the leaves. The smell of rain and Spring time fills the air. Not a person is in sight. Near by is a stream of water dancing as it flows and swerves in between one rock and another. It's about 78 degrees outside and with the spring shower came a nice calming cool spring breeze. Just strong enough to make the trees sway back and forth. small rumbles of thunder can be heard in the distance. It's so quiet, it is as if I can hear my heart beat. I stare at the trees swaying back and forth, and the streams of rain water dancing as they trickle and flow through the forest. I watch the mist as it slowly rises, dancing in the mountains. It then occurs to me, creation is dancing for its' Creator. Nothing is more pure and peaceful to me than creation. I wonder, does God let us witness these moments so that we can be reminded that we should be praising and worshiping God too? Or does He let us enjoy these moments so that we can worship God too. In the Psalms it talks about creation praising its' Creator. In one bible verse it tells us that if we do not worship God, the rocks will cry out. I've studied a bit of what Louie Giglio talks about and research shows that different stars in the universe make different noises as if the universe has its own star orchestra praising God. It amazes me how busy we get in our world, yet the creation around us is worshiping God. How can something without a soul (such as a tree, or a star) worship God, yet we who have a soul, a heart, a mind, and strength get too busy to worship our Creator? I don't want a soulless object "out-worshiping" me. (not that it's a competition but I think you get what i am saying)
I wish I was a bird. I could fly away sure(which is why most people wish they were birds), but I could also spend a lot more time in creation, being reminded to praise and worship my Living God!

"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zeph. 3:16-17

Psalm 148
1 Praise the LORD. Praise the LORD from the heavens, praise him in the heights above.
2 Praise him, all his angels, praise him, all his heavenly hosts.
3 Praise him, sun and moon, praise him, all you shining stars.
4 Praise him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies.
5 Let them praise the name of the LORD, for he commanded and they were created.
6 He set them in place for ever and ever; he gave a decree that will never pass away.
7 Praise the LORD from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths,
8 lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding,
9 you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars,
10 wild animals and all cattle, small creatures and flying birds,
11 kings of the earth and all nations, you princes and all rulers on earth,
12 young men and maidens, old men and children.
13 Let them praise the name of the LORD, for his name alone is exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.
14 He has raised up for his people a horn, the praise of all his saints, of Israel, the people close to his heart. Praise the LORD.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh thaqt is so deep it made me cry and think but i can see that a bird is like a awsome creation

    ReplyDelete